Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Goodwill Industries of Denver: Home Store Grand Opening

Like it has been all summer, it's been a while between my posts.  But I've been way busy with work. Really I have. In August and September I had two store Grand Openings and a golf tournament. But now I finally have time to catch up on blog posts.

In early August Goodwill Industries of Denver opened a Home Store in South Denver (located at 8230 S. Colorado Blvd. Centennial, CO 80122 in case you feel the need to visit) that sells furniture and home decor items.  The grand opening was a huge success and the furniture donations at the store still continue to be amazing finds at great prices. See the photos below if you don't believe me ;)

Stuart Davie, Goodwill CEO, and John the Store Manager cutting the ribbon

The crowd of customers that lined up outside




My favorite part of the day was having three amazing companies there to give ideas to the shoppers on ways to up-cycle some of the older furniture pieces that we have. 

Rit Dye had a table set up with ideas on using their dyes to update an old piece of furniture. They dyed that green table on the left and everything they wore! They also gave me a booklet of ideas and some sample dyes, look for posts with that later. 


Re for your home was there to give a tutorial on using Annie Sloan Chalk Paints to update items. They had a full table all day long!

 Here's just a few examples of the furniture we had. 







No comments:

Post a Comment