Monday, May 21, 2012

Scrambled Egg Muffins

For Mother's Day my sister and I decided to make our mom breakfast, since she is always making a big Sunday breakfast for us. We decided to try two different Pinterest recipes: Scrambled Egg Muffins and Cinnamon Roll Crescents

The original recipe for the scrambled eggs makes 12 muffins, but since our family is small we cut all the ingredients in half.  And since my sister and I were late planners we didn't have all the ingredients. We only used the eggs, cheese and seasonings and they still turned out delicious. 

What you need: 
1/2 pound pork sausage
12 eggs
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green peppers
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions: In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the onion, green pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese. Spoon into muffin cups coated with cooking spray until almost full, they didn't rise very much. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a fork inserted near the center comes out clean. Makes 1 dozen.











The Complete Meal with Cinnamon Roll Crescents



5 comments:

  1. I just found your site through pinterest!! I'm enjoying checking out your recipes, and pinning them to my boards! This recipe sounds so quick and easy without the sausage. Will be making these with your cinnamon crescents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think these would freeze?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would imagine so...I often make a large batch of scrambled egg burritos and freeze those... You could/should probably put one or two in individual sandwich bags to freeze. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made these for breakfast today and they were wonderful. My husband and kids loved them. I will ne making them again. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turned out nicely! In the future I may add ham, bacon, tomato, and use SHARP cheddar cheese instead of mild.

    ReplyDelete