Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DIY Candle Votive


On Monday night I was watching a movie, and just playing around with my craft supplies, and before I knew it I had created another craft! The original idea come from Makezine.com


What You Need:

Glass vase, or votives
Rubbing alcohol
Tissue paper
Paper cut out
Mod Podge
Paper, any kind
Paint brush

Directions:

This is a super simple, and cost effective craft for decorating for all seasons.  First use the rubbing alcohol to wipe off the vase. This will help everything stick to it better; just make sure you don’t hold the vase without gloves after this step. Then cut the tissue paper you want to use with the paper cutter.  I had issues with the design I chose tearing the tissue paper. Eventually I found that taping the tissue paper to regular paper helped a lot. I made sure the tissue paper was on the top and the paper on the bottom. 


Once you have enough tissue paper to cover the whole vase, or as much of it as you want, you can start mod podging it to the vase. I found it easiest to put the mod podge on a small section of the vase and lay the tissue paper on it, then put another layer of mod podge on top of it. All the mod podge will make the glass look frosted, so any place you don't want that, use a q-tip to wipe it off. 




No comments:

Post a Comment