Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Tree Skirt

Ugly Christmas Sweater Parties. It seems everyone is having one lately, and I've never actually had an ugly sweater to wear. It's just not my thing.  So this year, I saw a pin of someone who converted a tree skirt into a skirt for a holiday party.  Super cute idea, and I just had to try it out. 



 Of course I waited until the last minute to make it, so I went with the easiest steps possible.  I wrapped the tree skirt around my waist, and had my mom pin across it where the extra fabric. This created a guide for me to use when cutting off the extra fabric.   (back side of the skirt is below)



Then I used sticky Velcro pieces to hold the skirt in place.  Unfortunately, the Velcro wasn't sticking that well to the felt of my skirt so I had to sew them on.   


I was going to throw away the skirt after the holiday season, but I'll be keeping it, everyone loved it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment