After finding the perfect fabric I removed all the staples from the bottom of the chair cushions, there were a ton! A good sign they were made well I guess. These cushions were a little harder than most to recover because they have a inverted corner on two sides and I had to figure out how get the fabric to fold correctly.
Since I'm crazy, I decided to sand and restain the chairs. After hours of standing, probably 2 and a half per chair, I was ready to stain.
It was freezing this day so I was all bundled up in my Dad's work coat
I decideded on a mahogany stain because I like to look of dark wood, but the espresso and balck stains were just too dark for me.
Love my "new" chairs!