Sunday, June 29, 2014

Engagement Party

Recently my family threw an engagement party for my sister and her fiancé. The party came a few months after the proposal but we wanted both families to get together so we could get to know each other, since we're family now.

We decided to have a BBQ for the bride and groom's immediate family members, and the bridal party. (See below for the directions on the last minute ice breaker game we played.)


I made a banner with the wedding date on a Cricut I borrowed from a friend, and I am addicted!

The groom-to-be with the garland of photos of the couple


Me, the maid of honor, and my sister the bride-to-be :)


My sister with her bridesmaids. 

My dad, and my uncle BBQing for the masses.

All the bridesmaids had buttons to denote their role...


And Zach was jealous he didn't have one, so we had to get him one ;)


We decided to have everyone play a game to break the ice. We wrote names of famous couples on labels and put one on each person's back.  Then everyone had to go around the room and ask each person 2 questions to figure out who they were. Once they knew they had to wait for their "other half" to figure out who they were. The first pair to both figure it out won!


Famous couples we included were:
Ross Gellar and Rachel Green from Friends
Lucille Ball and Ricky Ricardo of I Love Lucy
Fred and Wilma Flinstone
Barbie and Ken
Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Superman and Lois Lane


Me, my sister, and the groom's three sisters all together :)



No comments:

Post a Comment