Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Classic Spritz Cookies

For my birthday my grandma gave me a cookie press, she knows my passion for baking.  Since I never made cookies with a cookie press before, I went with a basic recipe.  Since one recipe makes 40 cookies, and I don't have a family of 5 to eat them, I shared them at work. So many people commented on how the cookies reminded them of the holidays when they were younger. 



What You Need: 
A Cookie Press
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/14 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

Directions:
Heat the oven to 400 degrees.  Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl on medium speed. Add flour, salt, egg and almond extract. 

Place the dough in the cookie press and place on the cookie sheet. Bake 5-8 minutes. 


Watch out, the edges can brown very quickly.  


Immediately remove cookies from the cookie sheet and decorate. 






No comments:

Post a Comment