Monday, February 6, 2012

Paper Heart Wreath

Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday just because everything is covered in hearts and PINK! Two of my favorite things.

So I decided to spend my Snow Day creating a paper heart wreath.  The original idea was from The Hybrid Chick.

I changed the directions just a little, like I always do :)

What you need: 
Two sided paper, at least 8 1/2 X 11, in pretty prints
     (I used 12 X 12 Scrapbook paper)
Glue dots or other strong adhesive
Ruler and scissors or paper cutter
Ribbon



Cut each paper into 2 inch strips. (Mine are 2 1/2" wide because I cut around the designs on one of my sheets)



Fold each strip in half. 
Add two or three glue dots to the outside of one of the strips.  
Then fold the the two end of the strip in to form a heart shape. 



After all the hearts are made put 2 glue dots one side of a heart and attach it to another.



Then I slid the ribbon between the two glue dots between two of the hearts. Once the end was on the inside of the wreath I tied a knot to hold it in place.  

I slid the other end of the ribbon between two hearts so there were three hearts in between the ribbon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment