Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Frosting

In honor of St. Patrick's Day this year I treated my office to delicious Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream frosting. They were a huge hit.

The original post is from Gina's Skinny Recipes and for once I did everything the way they recipe said.  Shocking I know but I have never used beer in a cupcake before and I was afraid of messing it up.


What You Need:

5.5 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 tsp Bailey's Irish Cream
3/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
1 cup flour
7 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup stout
4 oz unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tbsp canola oil
Cooking spray


Directions:

Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and Bailey's in a medium bowl and mix until smooth with an electric mixer. Refrigerate until ready to frost cupcakes. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 12 liners in tin and lightly spray liners with oil so they don't stick to the liners. 



In a large bowl sift together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Surprisingly, I don't have a sifter so I just combined the ingredients and I don't think it harmed the recipe. 


In a medium bowl combine the wet ingredients and beat until smooth.

With a mixer, slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour into cupcake liners and bake 30 minutes. 




  • My only negative about this recipe are that the cupcakes didn't rise as much as they usually do so a few of mine didnt reach the top of the cupcake liner. So just fill yours up more than normal and you'll be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment