Saturday, March 10, 2012

Crock-Pot Taco Chili

After an unusual spell of warm weather in Colorado we had a cold and rainy day that seemed the perfect day to have a crock pot of chili waiting at home.  Original recipe is from Skinny Taste and I stayed pretty true to it this time. The original recipe also has weight watchers points and nutritional info if your want it. 




What you need:


Crockpot (I used our bigger one)
1/2 chopped onion
2- 16 oz can black beans
1- 16 oz can kidney beans
1- 8 oz can tomato sauce
2- 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 package ground beef



Directions: 

    Combine all ingredients except ground beef in the crock-pot. Since my ground beef was frozen I placed the whole thing in it on top. But if you have ground beef from the fridge you can cook it ahead of time and add it at the end or add it an hour or two before serving.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6-8 hours. 


    The orginal recipe only used one can of black beans, but when I looked at the pot mid-day it looked like there were too many tomatoes for my taste so I added and extra can of black beans.  The orginal recipe also included frozen corn but I didn't have any so I skipped it. 




    2 comments:

    1. Looks yummy! Excited to check out the rest of your blog, what a perfect idea to have an archive of pins attempted :-)

      ReplyDelete
    2. This may sound crazy, but can you put frozen ground beef in a crock pot?? Will it cook through after the 8 hours??

      ReplyDelete