Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cool Whip Cookies with Andes Mint Frosting

Our office decided to have a cookie exchange to celebrate the February birthdays and I decided these cookies were guaranteed to be an original. The recipe is actually 2 different cookie pins. The cookie is from an insurance blog (of all places!) and the frosting idea is from Six Sisters' Stuff. Sorry about the awful pictures, I took them with my phone.

What you need:
1 box Devils Food cake mix (or any other flavor)
2 eggs
1 container cool whip (thawed)
Andes Mints

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cake batter, cool whip and eggs in a large bowl until it's completely mixed. The batter will be fairly hard to mix because of the whip cream.  Keep your hands wet to better make balls of dough and place them on a greased cookie sheet. ( I usually skip the greasing of cookie sheets part and just use foil so I have a quicker clean up. However, for this recipe it did not work. I had lots of trouble getting the cookies off the sheet in one piece)




Let cookies bake for 10-12 minutes. As soon as you take them out of the oven place an Andes Mint on top to melt. Spread it around with a spoon when it's melted. When the cookies are cooled then take them off the cookie sheet.  If you take the cookies off the sheet before melting the Andes Mints, they don't melt. I had this problem on a few of my cookies.





No comments:

Post a Comment