Wednesday, February 20, 2013

'Strawberry Cheescake' Cookies

I decided on Wednesday, the day before Valentine's Day, that I was going to bake something for my co-workers, who have been a bit deprived of my baked goods lately.  I found this great and easy recipe for cake batter cookies from Thirty Handmade Days.

What you need:
1 box strawberry cake mix (I had to buy regular because the store was sold out)
2 eggs
¾ cup of shortening

Frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese
½ stick of butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar


I also bought a packet of Strawberry Shortcake frosting flavoring from Duncan Hines.  My original idea was to add that to the cake mix to make it flavored, but since I never used it before I just added red food coloring to the batter and made strawberry cheesecake frosting.

Directions:


Mix together batter ingredients, the dough will be pretty stiff- mines stuck to a wooden spoon when upside down. 


Roll into cylinders and place two next to each other on the cookie sheet. Pinch the bottom to create a heart.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.


This will only make about 12-15 cookies total
depending on how big you make them.



For the frosting: Mix cream cheese, ½ stick of softened butter, and vanilla. 
Then slowly add in one cup of powered sugar at a time until creamy. Then, if using a frosting packet add it now and you're ready to frost. 




No comments:

Post a Comment