Sunday, April 27, 2014

Breakfast Quesadilla

I was on a new recipe kick this weekend. I made a Southwest Chicken Sandwich on Friday night and this breakfast quesadilla on Saturday morning, and they were delicious!

What You Need: (serves 2-3)

4 Flour Tortillas (soft taco size)
3 Eggs
Breakfast sausage, or bacon
1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 1/3 cup shredded Jack Cheese
1/2 cup Salsa
2 tablespoons Milk
Butter
Ground Black Pepper

Directions:


Preheat your oven at 375 degrees.
Heat a skillet on medium heat and cook the sausage or bacon, and set aside for later. Then scramble the eggs.
Grease a cookie sheet with about ½ tablespoon of butter. Lay two tortillas on the cookie sheet. Add shredded cheese, cooked sausage or bacon, scrambled eggs, and salsa to the tortillas. Top each quesadilla with the last tortillas.
In a small bowl, melt some of the butter, and brush it on top of the quesadila. Bake until the cheese melts and the outside edges of the tortillas turn a light golden color (about 15 to 18 minutes).

 I had this great pan, the perfect size for making one of these for just me!

I used left over steak instead of bacon or sausage.

It was an unusually warm morning in Denver so I ate outside on the patio. 
One of my favorite things to do. 




No comments:

Post a Comment