Monday, January 7, 2013

Spaghetti Squash with Chicken and Vegetables

In August of last year I made Spaghetti Squash for the first time.  I was hesitant at first but I really do love it. I can buy a squash at the story and keep it at home for a few weeks until I need a last minute dinner idea.

This particular recipe was originally from Ruffles and Truffles. It seemed like a good one to try but I had almost none of the ingredients at my house. It was quite delicious but would have been better with more flavor.

What You Need:
1 medium size spaghetti squash
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1 broccoli crown, chopped
2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
grated parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup)


Directions:

Here I have directions form my last post about how to cook a Spaghetti Squash in the microwave. I do this because it's faster however, you can also cut it in half, place it in a baking dish with 1/4 inch of water and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

After the squash is cooked and all the insides are scraped out, add the squash to a a large, deep skillet. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat adding the garlic. Saute this foe one minute, then add spaghetti squash and saute an additional 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.



Add 1/4 cup of chicken broth, sundried tomatoes, and broccoli. Sauting for 5 minutes.
Add peas, grilled chicken, and remaining 3/4 cup chicken broth. Shake about 1/4 cup parmesan cheese into mixture (just enough to thicken the chicken broth).
Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover skillet and simmer for about 3 minutes.
Serve with fresh shaved parmesan cheese. 


No comments:

Post a Comment