Saturday, October 20, 2012

Upscale Veggie Tray

I mentioned in a previous post that I recently had a Stella and Dot jewelry party to support a friend who recently started as a stylist for them. I made a few recipes from Pinterest for the appetizers and couldn’t be happier about the way they turned out.  I made this grown–up veggie tray and also these South of the Border Sandwiches.

What you need:
Fresh chives

Optional veggies:
Any variety of bell peppers
Yellow squash
Red cabbage

Thinly slice the veggies and tie them in bunches with fresh chives. Simple right? Not so much. Since I am a horrible chef; I had no idea how to go about thinly slicing some veggies. I probably could have used a veggie slicer, if I had one but instead I resorted to a regular knife.  It was fairly easy to cut the peppers in thin slices but the cucumber and carrots were very difficult. 

If you know of a better way too slice these, I would love to know. Other than my own personal difficulties with slicing the veggies, they came out really well.


  1. I think you did a fabulous job! Other than a sharp knife or maybe a mandolin vegetable slicer, depending on how often you want to make them you might want to make the investment. I've heard mandolin's are pretty sharp though so be careful.

  2. I am sooooo not a veggie fan, but I could be tempted to try this. Pinning it!