Saturday, October 20, 2012

Upscale Veggie Tray


I mentioned in a previous post that I recently had a Stella and Dot jewelry party to support a friend who recently started as a stylist for them. I made a few recipes from Pinterest for the appetizers and couldn’t be happier about the way they turned out.  I made this grown–up veggie tray and also these South of the Border Sandwiches.

What you need:
Fresh chives

Optional veggies:
Carrots
Cumcumber
Any variety of bell peppers
Yellow squash
Red cabbage

Directions:
Thinly slice the veggies and tie them in bunches with fresh chives. Simple right? Not so much. Since I am a horrible chef; I had no idea how to go about thinly slicing some veggies. I probably could have used a veggie slicer, if I had one but instead I resorted to a regular knife.  It was fairly easy to cut the peppers in thin slices but the cucumber and carrots were very difficult. 


If you know of a better way too slice these, I would love to know. Other than my own personal difficulties with slicing the veggies, they came out really well.






2 comments:

  1. I think you did a fabulous job! Other than a sharp knife or maybe a mandolin vegetable slicer, depending on how often you want to make them you might want to make the investment. I've heard mandolin's are pretty sharp though so be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo not a veggie fan, but I could be tempted to try this. Pinning it!

    ReplyDelete