Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Family Vacation: Newport Beach, California

What a vacation! After 7 work events in April, I packed my bags for a week in California with my mom's side of the family. My aunt and uncle have a timeshare with Marriott and we stayed at the Marriott Newport Coast Villas, in Newport Beach.  The resort was B-E-A-utiful!



On our first day there, my aunt, uncle and I went to the public golf course for my first 9 holes on a golf course. Truthfully, I had never even taken a lesson before so I was beyond nervous that I would be awful. However, after the first 3 holes I finally remembered to keep my shoulders down when I swung and I started doing pretty well. 



Me and my Aunt Cathy


The view from the course wasn't too bad either, especially for it being a public course. 




Thursday was the only day of the trip when the weather was warm and the sun was shining.  So this became our relax by the pool day. 


The resort has a main pool area, with 3 pools and 2 hot tubs.  Outside by the pool there are two ping pong tables and two pool tables, and a giant checker/chess board for anyone to use. There is also a teen room with arcade games and a movie theater with movies playing throughout the day.




There are two other pools on the outermost edges of the resort for all the people who are staying in buildings away from the main pool. 





No comments:

Post a Comment